How we Respect and Protect your Privacy
At Chrimata, we build and provide solutions that are geared towards “Creating a Culture of Generosity” between organizations and their donors.
Chrimata, Inc. a corporation established in the State of Washington, United States, further referred to as “the company,” “we” (or “our” or “us”), including any wholly owned subsidiaries comprising the Chrimata Group. Chrimata, Inc. is incorporated in the State of Washington, in the United States with offices in Manchester, UK. Chrimata, Inc. currently uses Fattmerchant as its donation processor.
This notice applies to chrimata.org and any other websites we own or operate (collectively, our “Websites”) and all products and services we provide, including our online and mobile giving, payments, engagement services, products, and applications, and any other apps or services we offer (“Services”).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR DATA
When you visit any of our websites or use our services, we collect information about you.
Information you provide to us: When you visit or use some parts of our websites or services, we receive information from you, including when you register for an account, make a payment, or provide information to us through your use of the services. We may collect the following information from you:
- Your name and email address when you sign up for an account or take part in training and events;
- Your name, age, gender, marital status, religious affiliation or denomination, photographs, and any other information you upload when you create a profile.
- Your postings when you participate in community forums or join us on social media;
- Your contact information and a record of any correspondence when you contact us.
Failing to provide your information may mean you can’t use some parts of our Websites or Services.
Information we collect automatically: We collect information about you automatically when you visit our Websites or use our Services. This information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. We collect:
Details of your visits to our Websites and information generated in the course of the use of our Websites and Services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) such as traffic data, location data, time zone, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
Details regarding the device you use to access our Websites and Services, including, but not limited to, your web browser, IP address, operating system and browser type.
Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
Information about your precise geolocation, provided that you have enabled collection through your device settings. This location information is used to identify organizations in your proximity and to pinpoint the location of your transactions for security purposes. If you choose to disable any location-based services on your device and/or opt out of any location-based services through the mobile application’s Settings menu, you will not be able to utilize certain features of our services.
Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Websites or Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our Websites and Services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalizing the content you see).
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. If you want to find out more about the types of cookies we use, why, and how you can control them, take a look at our Cookie Notice.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. At this time, we do not alter our sites’ data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
We may also collect information about you from the organizations, institutions and businesses you elect to associate with in your Chrimata account.
When we refer to your information, personal data or personal information: we mean identifiable information about you as defined under applicable law. If you can’t be identified (for example, when Personal Data has been aggregated and anonymized) then this notice doesn’t apply. Check out our User Agreement for more information on how we treat your other data.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to operate our Websites and Services and to manage our relationship with you. We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to our Websites and Services.
- To communicate with you by:
- Providing you with information you’ve requested (like training or education materials) from us, processing your payments, or sending information we are required to send to you;
- Sending you operational communications related to changes to our Websites or Services, security updates, or assistance with using our Websites or Services;
- Sending you marketing communications (for example, about a product or service we think you might be interested in, based on your marketing preferences); and
- Asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a vendor to assist with).
- To support you: By assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Websites or Services.
- To enhance our Services and develop new ones: By tracking and monitoring your use of Websites and Services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our Websites and Services so that we can optimize your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
- To market to you: By using your information to display targeted advertising to you online through our own Websites and Services or through outside websites and their platforms.
- To analyze, aggregate and report: By using the information we or our partners collect about you and other users of our Websites and Services to produce aggregated and anonymized analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with outside parties.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
We share your information in the following circumstances:
With the faith-based organization, educational institution, not for profit organization, or business with which you choose to interact with using Chrimata’s Websites or Services;
With other companies in the Chrimata group of companies, including Church Community Builder, LLC.
With partners and service providers who assist and enable us to use the information to, for example, support delivery of, or provide functionality on, our Websites or Services, or to market or promote our Services to you.
With social media companies where you choose to interact with us through social media, which typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with the social media company. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
With regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other entities where necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure;
With an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business.
With others where we have your consent.
None of your banking or debit and credit card details are stored with us. Payment transactions are carried out by Fattmerchant, our processing partner, and are all encrypted using Transport Layer Security technology. Please refer to their policies for personal information protections.
As you will know, the transmission of information via the internet is never 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you send to us. Therefore, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We may retain your personal data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection, including to pursue our legitimate business interests, comply with our legal, tax or accounting requirements, resolve disputes and enforce applicable agreements.
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, click on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you, or send your request to email@example.com
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and be able to check to make sure it’s correct and up to date;
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it; and
- object to our continued processing of your personal data.
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us using the contact details provided under “How to contact us” below.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Our Website and Services are intended for a general audience and not directed to children under 16 years of age. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal data from children, please contact us at the email address listed below.
Due to our agreements, Chrimata cannot process refunds for individual non-profits made through our online service. If you would like to request a refund, please contact the non-profit organization that received your donation.